Who Am I?

My photo
A nobody; a nitwit; a pilot; a motorcyclist; a raconteur; a lover...of life - who loves to laugh, who tries to not take myself (or anything) too seriously...just a normal guy who knows his place in the universe by being in touch with my spiritual side. What more is there?

04 August 2020

CORONAVIRUS: Jumping The Gun?

With regard to my post just below this one - in the interest of fairness I may want to rethink things.

I posted something similar on my Facebook page about the decreasing number of new cases and deaths here in Florida.  But ultimately took that post down.  I may have spake too soon.  A friend reminded me that the coronavirus testing centers in South Florida were closed for a couple of days to an approaching tropical storm.  So...fewer tests means fewer results, right?  And fewer results means fewer positive on the chart, right?  Right.

Now, given that it usually takes up to a week or more for the average person to receive their test results, I'm not at all confident in the currency of the published data.  In other words, if Florida reports today that there are, say, X-amount of new cases, how recently were those tests administered? 

As the storm trucks off to the north, and the testing resumes in South Florida, it will be interesting to see what happens to the numbers.  I will keep you posted.

No comments: