Who Am I?

My photo
A nobody; a nitwit; a pilot; a motorcyclist; a raconteur; a lover...of life - who loves to laugh, who tries to not take myself (or anything) too seriously...just a normal guy who knows his place in the universe by being in touch with my spiritual side. What more is there?

21 March 2007

Home Again

Okay, so I'm back. Guanaja. Home. My little visit to Pensacola was a whirlwind of errands and unfinished business. Too short, not enough time to spend with friends. Got to drive a car again! It's been seven months. Not that you forget how, but it was just a little strange. Cooked up a storm! Fried up some plantains, but they didn't come out like Daniel's - too ripe, oil too hot. My promise of, "You'll never eat a french-fry again!" didn't exactly come true. That's the nice thing about living down here where the stuff is grown - it doesn't spend days or a week in transit between the farm and the store.

It's funny how acclimated you get to a place. I grew up in New York City, and we considered it quite normal. Then I moved to northwest Florida, and grew to like it immensely; didn't think I ever wanted to live anywhere else. Now I live on a tropical island and I never want to leave.

No comments: