Who Am I?

My photo
A nobody; a nitwit; a pilot; a motorcyclist; a raconteur; a lover...of life - who loves to laugh, who tries to not take myself (or anything) too seriously...just a normal guy who knows his place in the universe by being in touch with my spiritual side. What more is there?

18 December 2018

Anger Issues


People. I just don't understand them. For instance...

I'll be standing in line at the grocery store. The person in front of me will have a shopping cart that's jammed full of stuff. And they'll just be standing there like an idiot as the cashier scans all their items. Then, at the VERY END...when every last damn piece of crap is scanned, and bagged, and handed to them, the person will suddenly wake up out of their coma and realize that, oh yeah, they have to pay!  Wow, what a shock!  Only then will they pull their wallet (or invariably if it's an older person, a goddamn checkbook) and begin the payment process.  Half of them seem completely befuddled by the point-of-sale payment device.  And I'm, like, “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING AS THE CASHIER WAS RINGING YOU UP???”

It's not that I'm impatient, but I swipe my card through the credit card reader thingee as soon as the cashier has run up two or three of my items. I hit “No” when it asks if I want cash-back, and then hit “Enter” for credit. When all of my stuff is scanned, as the cashier is handing me the last bag, the register dings and prints out the receipt. Then I'm on my way. Easy-peasy.

(It must be noted that not all stores allow you to swipe your card during the scanning-of-items process. At those stores I at least have my card ready once the total pops up.)

Or how do people not know the basics of “keep right?” If two grocery carts meet head-on in an aisle, each person goes to the right. I cannot tell you the number of times I've come across people who don't seem to grasp this fairly simple concept. They should be glad I do not carry my gun into Walmart.

How's about people who go into McDonalds, and once they get up to be #1 they stare at the menu like they've never seen it before in their life. ”I'll have a....ahhhhhh....hmmm....ahhhhhh... Say, what comes with the....”

Really? YOU'VE NEVER BEEN IN A GODDAMN MCDONALDS BEFORE???”

And what's up with people who get gas at a busy station, and then once they're done they leave their car at the pumps and go inside to buy their cigarettes and beer? ”Oh, thank you very much for blocking the diesel pump while you go in to get your lottery tickets, you sonovabitch.”

Yes, I have anger issues. I'm working on them.  Progress is...inconsistent.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Calm down. Life is too short ...

Bob Barbanes: said...

LOL, oh I know, Bob. It would have been easy for the old me to get really worked up over these very human characteristics. Now I just shrug 'em off...mostly...mainly because I'm hardly ever in a hurry anymore. Now I just shake my head at how dumb people can be. It never ceases to amaze me.

Ed said...

I once about had a coronary behind someone in a grocery store with a full cart that ended up being separated into three different transactions, all paid by checks.

Bob Barbanes: said...

I feel your pain, Ed. I just don't know what goes through some people's mind some days. You know you're going to have to pay - why stand around like a doofus until the last possible second? And if you're going to pay by check, how's about at least having the checkbook out and ready? I'm not saying that you have to sign the checks, just be ready? Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.