Who Am I?

My photo
A nobody; a nitwit; a pilot; a motorcyclist; a raconteur; a lover...of life - who loves to laugh, who tries to not take myself (or anything) too seriously...just a normal guy who knows his place in the universe by being in touch with my spiritual side. What more is there?

17 January 2021

Political Advice From Actors?

The headline in my newsfeed read: "ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY REACTS TO TRUMP IMPEACHMENT."

Hmm.  I don't know about y'all, but I'm really kind of tired of *actors*...let's say, "all people in the entertainment industry" trying to tell me how to think.  I mean, I really don't give a shit.  What makes friggin' Alec Baldwin an expert on anything, much less politics?  George Clooney?  Come on.  I might cut Arnold Schwarzenegger a little slack because he was actually governor of California.  Then again, seeing the idiot who currently holds that office, I'm not sure the hiring standards are all that high.  So stuff it, Arnie, nobody cares.

Why do some people listen to these nitwits?  Do we think that the ability to act and communicate (or host a late-night talk show) imbues them with some special power or insight that nobody else has?  Puh-leeze. 

There sure was a lot of scoffing about Trump  I'm tempted to cue-up that video...I'm sure you've all seen it...from back in 2016...the montage of people (both inside and outside of politics) who were ABSOLUTELY SURE that Donald Trump would never become President.  Oh, how confident they were!  And they were all...umm...what's the word?...oh yeah, *WRONG*.  Remember Nancy Pelosi? "Take it to the bank, Donald Trump will not become President of the United States."  I wonder if she regrets being so vocal about that now?  For it's quite embarrassing.  

Given the abject hatred of Donald Trump by Liberals...  Given the repeated failed attempts at removing him from office... It would not surprise me in the least if the DNC spent the last four years concocting a way of making sure Trump didn't win re-election.  And yes, that begs the question: Can a election be rigged?  Some people say, "No way! Not in America!"  But 74 million or so other people suspect the opposite.  74 million people think that politicians actually could be that devious!  And before anyone dismisses Trump supporters as unwashed, uneducated, deluded, cultist boobs, let's realize that there are some pretty smart, highly-educated people both inside and outside of government people who agree that the election was tampered with.  Do we just cast them aside as kooks?

I don't know.  But I certainly don't need Alec Baldwin to give me political advice.

3 comments:

Ed said...

I guess I'm am entering old coothood because I don't care what celebrities think nor the political "experts" they drag out of dusty college classrooms to tell us how things will be on FOX, CNN and others. I just don't tune in anymore and for all things political.

After four years of Trump, I have always thought that the Democrats would have to work hard to lose the next election and by picking Joe, they gave it a fighting shot at losing.

I don't think an election can be rigged and to date, nobody has offered me a rational explanation of how another entity could break into a quarter million different polling places in one day, none which are connected to the internet and change the vote in a significant manner. I have worked the polls here in the past and they might be slow and antiquated, but one can take the results to the bank when they get certified.

Bob Barbanes: said...

Ed, I do not know if a U.S. election can be affected in any meaningful way. I have (Liberal) friends who say that it is absolutely impossible to "rig" an election. Absolutely impossible!

Me, I'm a skeptic. I think *anything* is possible. I won't say that the 2020 election *was* rigged, but I do know this: The claim that Joe Biden got more votes than any other candidate in the history of voting makes me suspicious. Trump-haters shrug and say, "Obviously, the country was rejecting Trump!" Yes. Probably! Only... only 74 *million* people voted for Trump, and that's something like 11 million *more* people than voted for him the first time.

So don't tell me that it was the "will of the people" who voted against Trump. Maybe it was. But like I said, I'm skeptical. I think anything is possible.

Bob said...

I agree with you about the actors and celebs who pontificate. I just can't.