Who Am I?

My photo
A nobody; a nitwit; a pilot; a motorcyclist; a raconteur; a lover...of life - who loves to laugh, who tries to not take myself (or anything) too seriously...just a normal guy who knows his place in the universe by being in touch with my spiritual side. What more is there?

18 August 2008

T.S. Fay: The Weather-Guessers Were Right?



Well! I was wrong, they were right. Overnight, Tropical Storm Fay did make the northward turn. Now, instead of moving out into the Gulf o' Mexico, it is taking aim on central Florida.

And to think I took that preparatory cold shower this morning for nothing. Oh well...

3 comments:

Redlefty said...

Billy Mays called it. You can't fight the power of the beard!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,

I came from the UK to live in Florida for two years - 2004 to 2006. The day I arrived Hurricane Charlie blasted through town followed a few months later by Frances and then a year later by two more. Like you say it's not the obvious things that considerably incovenience you. Even if the hurricane mercifully leaves your home and health in tact the opportunity for inconvenience and discomfort are much greater than that. Losing electricity is a real bummer. Although you can see life with electricity goes on all over the world, it did me no harm to be reminded how it feels for a few days when we lost if for a week. Hang in there Bob - I'm praying for you.

R1Tamer

one step ahead said...

hey ive got a music blog, and am a rock writer, i love your pics. if your ever in nyc area and want free ticekts to a concert and or backstage action, just add me to your blog roll and ill remember you